Adopting a pet brings great joy and excitement to individuals and families, but it also introduces new responsibilities and concerns. Your new family member deserves the same health and safety con ...View Article
Welcome to Walker Veterinary Hospital
Your Veterinarian in Waller, TX
Call us at 936-931-2244
Walker Veterinary Hospital is excited to offer our clients Companion Laser Therapy!
Laser Therapy Reduces Pain and Speeds Healing
Laser therapy provides a non-invasive, pain-free, surgery-free, drug-free treatment which is used to treat a variety of conditions and can be performed in conjunction with existing treatment protocols. Relief and/or improvement is often noticed within hours depending on the condition and your pet’s response. Whether your pet is rehabilitating from trauma or injury, healing from wounds, or simply aging, your companion can benefit from this innovative approach to treating pain.
Applications for laser therapy include:
• Treatment of arthritis, degenerative joint disease, or hip dysplasia
• General pain management (sprains, strains, and stiffness)
• Post-surgery pain (spays, neuters, declaws, and other surgeries)
• Skin problems (hot spots, lick granulomas, infections)
• Dental procedures
• Fractures and wounds (bites, abrasions, and lesions)
• Ear infections
How does it work?
Laser therapy stimulates the body to heal from within. Non-thermal photons of light are administered to the body for about 3 to 8 minutes and absorbed by the injured cells. The cells are then stimulated and respond with a higher rate of metabolism. This results in relief from pain, increased circulation, reduced inflammation, and an acceleration of the healing process.
What can my pet expect during a laser therapy treatment session?
Simply put, it provides relief. As the laser is administered, your pet will relax and enjoy the treatment. The almost immediate relief of pain will allow your pet to be comfortable and any anxiety that your pet initially experiences will dissipate.
Occasionally, angry cats will start to purr and canine companions will actually fall asleep during their therapy session. Frequently, after therapy, we hear: “He’s acting like a puppy again” or “She can actually jump onto the chair again.” Pain relief is provided in just a few minutes of therapy and that alone improves the quality of life for your companion.
What are the signs that my pet can benefit from Companion Laser Therapy?
Many of our laser therapy patients are older animals with musculoskeletal ailments. Some signs that your senior companion is experiencing pain or discomfort are:
• Abnormal sitting or lying posture
• Circling multiple times before lying down
• Whining, groaning or other vocalizations
• Limping, unable to get up or lie down
• Difficulty getting into car or down stairs
• Lack of grooming
• Won’t wag tail
• Licking or biting area
• Lack of appetite
Contact our practice today to schedule an appointment or obtain additional information.
The Walker Veterinary Hospital is committed to providing the highest level of professional veterinary care, client education and customer support available. Focused on continuous improvement and ongoing quality control, our staff is committed to providing outstanding customer service, encouraging individual and team development, and maintaining an upbeat hospital environment where tails wag, and clients and staff find reasons to smile!
Vision for Practice
At Walker Veterinary Hospital, we believe in a proactive and preventative care approach tailored to each individual patient with an emphasis on wellness that includes proper nutritional care, annual blood screenings, modified vaccine protocols for adult pets, and parasite prevention. Everything we do - from the careful design of our hospital to the selection of our staff - is done to ensure the comfort and well-being of our patients and their owners. From routine to advance care, we are proud to offer the very best in veterinary medicine.
• Compassion: Every patient, client, and co-worker receives the same understanding; care and respect that we would like to receive.
• Excellence: We believe in providing the finest quality of surgical and medical care through our state of the art equipment, caring staffing, and a quality facility.
• Integrity: We are guided by principles that include honesty, diligence, and an overriding dedication to act in the best interest of our patients, clients, and co-workers.
• Communication: We work hard to offer clear, concise and timely communication that is delivered with respect and honesty. This allows us to build relationships with clients and one another.
• Commitment: Walker Veterinary Hospital focuses on client education and taking time with our patients, rather than focusing on higher volume "revolving door" care. Our staff undergoes regular continuing education so we may better serve the needs of our clients and their beloved pets.
Dr. Melanie Walker
Waller Veterinarian | Walker Veterinary Hospital | 936-931-2244
38111 Highway 290
Waller, TX 77484
There are three types of pet food recalls that can be issued. Recalls can be conducted by a company or brand, by request from the regulatory agencies, or by order from the government agency. When ...View Article
Imagine your concern if you came home to find your dog unable to walk, unresponsive, or in a coma. As the decriminalization and even legalization of marijuana has occurred, cases of toxicity in an ...View Article
Dog parks: they are great for socialization, exercise, and mental stimulation for many dogs. Whether you and your dog have a good dog park experience or a bad one depends largely on your understan ...View Article
Feline emotional wellbeing, behavior and physical health are a result of how comfortable they are in their environment. Understanding how our cats interact with their environment can help us creat ...View Article
Cats are amazing animals. They have become one of the most popular pets because of their playfulness, independent nature, daily low-maintenance lifestyle, and affectionate personalities. Enjoy th ...View Article
Launch Pet Selector